High School Career (Destrehan High School):
– Jefferson attended Destrehan High School in Louisiana, where he excelled in football, playing both offense and defense.
– He was a three-star recruit and earned recognition as the New Orleans Male Athlete of the Week.
College Career (LSU Tigers):
– Jefferson continued his football journey at LSU.
– In his sophomore year, he became the Tigers’ leading receiver, accumulating 54 catches for 875 yards and six touchdowns.
– His junior season was a standout, leading the country with 111 receptions, ranking second in receiving touchdowns (18), and third in receiving yards (1,540).
– He played a pivotal role in LSU’s National Championship victory against Clemson, with nine catches for 106 yards.
– Jefferson declared for the 2020 NFL Draft after his successful college career.
– He was selected by the Minnesota Vikings in the first round as the 22nd overall pick.
– His breakout NFL moment came in Week 3 of his rookie season when he had 175 receiving yards and a touchdown against the Tennessee Titans.
– Jefferson continued to excel, setting records and improving each year. In his rookie year, he had 88 receptions for 1,400 yards.
– In 2022, he led the league with 128 receptions, 1,809 yards, and an average of 13.9 yards per touch.
Justin Jefferson has established himself as a rising star in the NFL with a promising career ahead.